Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2002/06/26 13:29:10 UTC

Gump failures

Hi Sam,

The TC nightly builds from Gump have been failing for a while because of
MX4J, which is apparently failing because some custom Ant task cannot be
found.

Is someone trying to fix it ?

So far, Gump has failed to generate a single nightly for TC 4.1. That's
not too good :-(

Remy

Re: Gump failures

Posted by co...@covalent.net.
There is also a 4th option - cheat gump :-)

Remove the declared dependency on mx4j and use the binary distribution
on mx4j ( just like we do for jsse for example ). At least temporary.

Costin

Re: Gump failures

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Re: Gump failures

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org> wrote:

> Xdoclet changed the package names for their classes without
> deprecation. MX4J still uses the old names.

> Remy Maucherat wrote:

>> Is someone trying to fix it ?
>
> Stefan Bodewig has been tracking this.

I opened a problem report with MX4J (and provided a patch for their
build file).  No response yet.  I have just now increased the priority
a bit.
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=570615&group_id=47745&atid=450647>

And I have opened a problem report with xdoclet (just now):
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=574102&group_id=31602&atid=402707>

Stefan

Re: Gump failures

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: Gump failures

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> The TC nightly builds from Gump have been failing for a while because of
> MX4J, which is apparently failing because some custom Ant task cannot be
> found.

Xdoclet changed the package names for their classes without deprecation.
  MX4J still uses the old names.

> Is someone trying to fix it ?

Stefan Bodewig has been tracking this.

> So far, Gump has failed to generate a single nightly for TC 4.1. That's
> not too good :-(

1) Work with the Xdoclet team to convince them of the need of deprecation.

2) Work with the MX4J team to encourage them to keep up.

3) Use Sun's JMX.

- Sam Ruby

Re: Gump failures

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.