Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Bhushan Kandalkar <ka...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/26 06:33:22 UTC

Help for Hadoop

Hello Sir,

I want to make changes in hadoop source code for job tracker and task
tracker program.
How should i make change to source code of hadoop?How to test and compile
it?

Waiting for your reply.

Bhushan Kandalkar,
Pune,India

Re: Help for Hadoop

Posted by "Aaron T. Myers" <at...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Bhushan,

Take a look at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute. Some of those
instructions are specifically about how to contribute patches back to the
project (which you are certainly encouraged to do!) but much of it is about
where to check out the code, how to compile the different branches, how to
set up your IDE, etc.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera