Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Robinson, Michael" <Mi...@sage.com> on 2009/08/04 21:55:35 UTC

.NET client example

Does anyone have or know of a C#/.NET port of the example Cassandra client code?  Since I'm more fluent in C# than Java (and Thrift graciously generates C# code for me), I'd prefer that environment as I continue to experiment.  I'm writing a simple client based on the Java example now, but figured time is better spent refining an existing project than starting fresh, if possible...

Thanks,
Mike

RE: .NET client example

Posted by "Robinson, Michael" <Mi...@sage.com>.
Guys,

Thank you very much for the feedback - I didn't realize until now that Cassandra.cs (which includes the Client class) already existed in my project, so was ignorantly coding what was already auto-generated for me.

Mike

The Java examples are easily portable.  For what it's worth, I have been using C# with Cassandra for awhile.  I have some wrapper classes and connection management code that I'm still working on getting released, but for testing the code generated by Thrift is largely usable out of the box.

Michael

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>> wrote:
It should be fairly easy to port the Java example on
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ClientExamples to C#.

-Jonathan

Re: .NET client example

Posted by Michael Greene <mi...@gmail.com>.