Posted to dev@predictionio.apache.org by Chan Lee <ch...@apache.org> on 2018/03/06 03:12:49 UTC

[VOTE] Apache PredictionIO 0.12.1 Release (RC1)

This is the vote for 0.12.1 of Apache PredictionIO.

The vote will run for at least 72 hours and will close on Mar 8th, 2018.

The release candidate artifacts can be downloaded here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/predictionio/0.12.1-rc1/

Test results of RC5 can be found here:
https://travis-ci.org/apache/predictionio/builds/349618423

Maven artifacts are built from the release candidate artifacts above,
and are provided as convenience for testing with engine templates.
The Maven artifacts are provided at the Maven staging repo here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachepredictionio-1022/

All JIRAs completed for this release are tagged with 'FixVersion = 0.12.1'.
You can view them here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12342841&projectId=12320420

The artifacts have been signed with Key: 4719A8F4

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1, accept RC as the official 0.12.1 release
[ ] -1, do not accept RC as the official 0.12.1 release because...

Re: [VOTE] Apache PredictionIO 0.12.1 Release (RC1)

Posted by Chan Lee <ch...@gmail.com>.
Mars, thank you for the feedback. I have created a JIRA issue to include
instructions for using gnu-tar in the release doc for PMC.

I'll proceed to close the vote.

Posted by Chan Lee <ch...@gmail.com>.
.

Posted by Mars Hall <ma...@salesforce.com>.
BTW these binary releases output a bunch of confusing, but harmless garbage
when expanded on a non-macOS machine:

tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword 'SCHILY.dev'
tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword 'SCHILY.ino'
tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword 'SCHILY.nlink'
…

This comes from the "special" version of `tar` that macOS contains.

If the bin release is built with `gnu-tar` aliased into the path as `tar`,
then the final archive will not make all that noise:

brew install gnu-tar

Then add to your .profile:

# Insert gtar into path as tar. Fix for Linux compatibility of tarballs.
# Installed with `brew install gnu-tar`
export PATH="/usr/local/opt/gnu-tar/libexec/gnubin:$PATH"
export MANPATH="/usr/local/opt/gnu-tar/libexec/gnuman:$MANPATH"

Posted by Mars Hall <ma...@salesforce.com>.

Posted by Chan Lee <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chan Lee <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1. I checked