Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Saïd Radhouani <r....@gmail.com> on 2010/07/09 17:54:26 UTC

Function Query Sorting vs 'Sort' parameter?

Hi,

I'm making some basic sorting (date, price, etc.) using the "sort" parameter (sort=field+asc), and it's working fine. I'm wondering whether there's a significant argument to use function query sorting instead of the "sort" parameter?

Thanks,
-S

Re: Function Query Sorting vs 'Sort' parameter?

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
(10/07/10 7:15), Saïd Radhouani wrote:
> Yes, indeed, you understood my question. Looking forward to the next version then.
>
> To your reply, I'd add that _val_ is used for standard request handler, and bf is used for dismax, right?
>
> -S

Right.

Koji

--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/

Re: Function Query Sorting vs 'Sort' parameter?

Posted by Saïd Radhouani <r....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.