Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de> on 2016/09/19 18:08:30 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Buildbot builds should include mor than en-US only

I remember that old times at Sun where we have done builds with more
than just en-US.

In order to cover problems that could be language-related we have built:

- en-US - as default
- de - for the lazy German guys ;-) , can be left out now
- pt - as these language has mostly the longest strings
- one Asian language (ko, ja, zh-CN, zh-TW) to cover BIDI and font
   problems

So, I suggest to expand the build.lst to this setup.

Marcus

Re: [PROPOSAL] Buildbot builds should include mor than en-US only

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 09/21/2016 09:41 PM, schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> Where is this documented? I can see the ./configure line in
> the puppet files but we should also have this on a wiki someplace,
> right?

Gav has created a wikipage for the new buildbot setup:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Buildbot+info

Have you looked for this?

Marcus

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
So klein ist die Welt! ;-)

Congratulations, Mr. Vice President!

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Am 19.09.2016 um 20:08 schrieb Marcus:
> I remember that old times at Sun...

Some of my OS/2-friends worked for SUN (Hamburg).
You might not incidentally know Carsten Müller or Jörg Skottke?

> So, I suggest to expand the build.lst to this setup.

+1 for the proposal!

Regards

Matthias

Re: [PROPOSAL] Buildbot builds should include more than en-US only

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On 24/11/16 18:31, Marcus wrote:
> Am 11/24/2016 08:43 PM, schrieb Matthias Seidel:
>> +1
>>
>> Especially for Linux64. 64bit is almost standard now, so we need
>> localized builds from the build bots. 32bit has plenty of them...
>
> @Don: AFAIK you were working on the buildbots.

We, AOO comitters, are supposed to work on this.
The repo is https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/buildbot

The file containing the buildbot configuration is
^/aegis/buildmaster/master1/openofficeorg.conf

The web page on https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/
is ^/aegis/buildmaster/master1/public_html/projects/openoffice/
and the dynamic content is generated with a script on
https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-puppet
full path:
deployment/modules/buildbot_asf/files/create-ooo-snapshots-index.sh
https://s.apache.org/buildbot_aoo_script

> Can you please change
> the setup so that we can get AOO builds with en-US, de, pt, ja?

Do you mean for builds based on trunk *and* release branch?

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: [PROPOSAL] Buildbot builds should include more than en-US only

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 11/24/2016 11:04 PM, schrieb Matthias Seidel:
> To be more precise, I mean the buildbots listed here:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Buildbot+info
>
> And especially the 4.1.4 for linux64:
>
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/41x/

@Damjan:
Do you have access to the buildbots? Can you halp us here?

Thanks

Marcus

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
To be more precise, I mean the buildbots listed here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Buildbot+info

And especially the 4.1.4 for linux64:

https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/41x/

regards, Matthias

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 11/24/2016 08:43 PM, schrieb Matthias Seidel:
> +1
>
> Especially for Linux64.
> 64bit is almost standard now, so we need localized builds from the build
> bots.
> 32bit has plenty of them...

@Don:
AFAIK you were working on the buildbots. Can you please change the setup

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Marcus,