Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Vahid S Hashemian <va...@us.ibm.com> on 2016/12/05 18:16:41 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-88: OffsetFetch Protocol Update

Happy Monday,

I'd like to start voting on KIP-88 (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-88%3A+OffsetFetch+Protocol+Update
).
The discussion thread can be found here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@kafka.apache.org/msg59608.html

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
--Vahid

Re: [VOTE] KIP-88: OffsetFetch Protocol Update

Posted by Vahid S Hashemian <va...@us.ibm.com>.
Happy Monday.

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback or voted on this KIP.
It passed with 3 binding and 4 non-binding votes.

Ewen, that sounds good. We can revisit the AdminClient part when there is
consensus on KIP-4 about AdminClient.

Regards,
--Vahid

From:   Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>
To:     dev@kafka.apache.org
Date:   12/10/2016 11:18 PM
Subject:        Re: [VOTE] KIP-88: OffsetFetch Protocol Update

+1 (binding)

The AdminClient piece will probably need follow up, but given that it's
defined in the context of incomplete KIP-4 design, I'm kind of assuming
it's still up for further discussion once we hit the implementation of
that
class (where I think a wholistic view of the API is needed).

Vahid, I think this gives you enough to close the vote given 3 binding
votes + >72hrs passed :)

-Ewen

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@googlemail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 7:22 PM, Apurva Mehta <ap...@confluent.io> wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>
> wrote:
>
> > +1 Thanks for the KIP!
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 2:53 AM, Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for the KIP, Vahid. +1 (binding)
> > >
> > > On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 6:16 PM, Vahid S Hashemian <
> > > vahidhashemian@us.ibm.com

Rajini

Re: [VOTE] KIP-88: OffsetFetch Protocol Update

Posted by Apurva Mehta <ap...@confluent.io>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.
+1 Thanks for the KIP!

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.

Posted by Edoardo Comar <EC...@uk.ibm.com>.
+1 (non-binding)
Edoardo Comar
IBM MessageHub
ecomar@uk.ibm.com
IBM UK Ltd, Hursley Park, SO21 2JN

IBM United Kingdom Limited Registered in England and Wales with number
741598 Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6
3AU

From:   "Vahid S Hashemian" <va...@us.ibm.com>
To:     dev <de...@kafka.apache.org>
Date:   05/12/2016 18:17
Subject:        [VOTE] KIP-88: OffsetFetch Protocol Update

Happy Monday,

I'd like to start voting on KIP-88 (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-88%3A+OffsetFetch+Protocol+Update

).
The discussion thread can be found here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@kafka.apache.org/msg59608.html

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
--Vahid

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Re: [VOTE] KIP-88: OffsetFetch Protocol Update

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the KIP, I can see this being useful when investigating
consumer issues
+1