Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by h iroshan <ir...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/17 19:07:08 UTC

[users@httpd] load balancing with Apache for Tomcat workers

Hi All,

I need to configure mod_proxy_balancer for the load balancing of two tomcat
instances running as backed servers. Can anybody give me any advice for how
to configure mod_proxy_balancer with above scenario.

Best Regards,
H. Iroshan

Re: [users@httpd] load balancing with Apache for Tomcat workers

Posted by h iroshan <ir...@gmail.com>.
hi Inas ,

Thank you for your valuable comments.

Best Regards,

Posted by inas inassen <me...@hotmail.com>.
Hi, this is another example using location directive for balancing applications arounds tomcats:

suppose that you have 3 urls or applications you want to balance using these context path: app1, app2 and app3

suppose that you have 2 tomcats with ajp on ports 8009 and 8007

so you config is:

<Proxy balancer://tomcats/>

          BalancerMember ajp://tomcat-srv1.com:8007 route=tomcat1 loadfactor=1 keepalive=On

          BalancerMember ajp://tomcat-srv2.com:8009 route=tomcat2 loadfactor=1 keepalive=On

</Proxy>

<Location /tomcats/app1/>

     ProxyPass balancer://tomcats/app1/ stickysession=jssesionid|JSESSIONID nofailover=On lbmethod=byrequests

     ProxyPassReverse balancer://tomcats/app1/

     Order Deny,Allow

     Allow from all

</Location>

<Location /tomcats/app2/>

     ProxyPass balancer://tomcats/app2/ stickysession=jssesionid|JSESSIONID nofailover=On lbmethod=byrequests

     ProxyPassReverse balancer://tomcats/app2/

     Order Deny,Allow

     Allow from all

</Location>

<Location /tomcats/app3/>

     ProxyPass balancer://tomcats/app3/ stickysession=jssesionid|JSESSIONID nofailover=On lbmethod=byrequests

     ProxyPassReverse balancer://tomcats/app3/

     Order Deny,Allow

     Allow from all

</Location>

and to monitor your balancer

<Location /balancer-manager>

     SetHandler balancer-manager

     AuthType Basic

     AuthName "Cluster manager "

     AuthUserFile conf/.htpasswd

     Require valid-user

     Order Deny,Allow

     Allow from all

</Location>

do not forget to add proxy modules

Inas.

> Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 19:12:18 +0200
> From: aw@ice-sa.com
> To: users@httpd.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] load balancing with Apache for Tomcat workers
>
> h iroshan wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I need to configure mod_proxy_balancer for the load balancing of two tomcat
> > instances running as backed servers. Can anybody give me any advice for how
> > to configure mod_proxy_balancer with above scenario.
> >
> Yes.
> 1) read the on-line documentation.
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html
> 2) try it out
> 3) come back if you have a problem
> When you do, provide details of what you tried, which Apache, which
> Tomcat etc..

Découvrez tout ce que Windows Live a à vous apporter !

Re: [users@httpd] load balancing with Apache for Tomcat workers

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.