Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2012/08/26 12:39:20 UTC

[Nutch Wiki] Trivial Update of "Becoming_A_Nutch_Developer" by LewisJohnMcgibbney

Dear Wiki user,

The "Becoming_A_Nutch_Developer" page has been changed by LewisJohnMcgibbney:
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/Becoming_A_Nutch_Developer?action=diff&rev1=11&rev2=12

  That is where this document comes in.  The purpose of this document is to help you as developers take the next step in becoming contributing members of the Nutch community.  We will cover a general overview of the Nutch development process including the different pieces and how they fit together.  We will cover how the community works and interacts, using the mailing lists to search for information and how to ask questions to ensure that they get answered.  We will also cover how to go about learning the internals of the Nutch codebase.  We will cover how to use the JIRA for change requests and how to start developing for Nutch.  And finally we will cover contributing back to the Nutch community.  When we are finished you should have a good understanding of how the community works and how you can go about becoming a bigger part of that community.

  == Table of Contents ==
- <<TableOfContents(3)>>
+ <<TableOfContents(4)>>

  == The Nutch Community ==