Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2017/06/15 09:03:46 UTC

Re: [SURVEY] Name for the task which load demo and all data

Hi,

It's near a month I suggested to rename loadDefault by loadAll without negative comments

So I'll do it soon and will then ask if we want to move the 2 Gradle tasks "testIntegration" and "loadDefault" as scripts in the tools branch.

Though it's not really the antonym of start, I finally have decided to not change "ofbizBackground --shutdown " to ofbizBackground --stop". You just
need to get used to it, please speak if you think we should.

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Ah OK, that's the point I did not get. So we would use instead

gradlew 'ofbiz --load-data' 'ofbiz --test'

or abbreviations, sounds good to me. I think we still should ask at least on dev ML before removing. And of course update everywhere it's needed.

Jacques

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
No problem in renaming.

Why would you move these tasks to tools? That's another weird thing! The
idea is to delete them, not move them!

On Jun 15, 2017 2:55 PM, "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>
wrote:

1) rename loadDefault by loadAll

2) ask if we want to remove loadAll and testIntegration Gradle tasks and
replace them by creating loadAll and testIntegration scripts in tools
branch. "Moving" Gradle tasks to tools is complicating things for everybody
(notably committers), hence should be discussed in dev ML

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Jacques,

Am 15.06.17 um 11:03 schrieb Jacques Le Roux:
> Hi,
>
> It's near a month I suggested to rename loadDefault by loadAll without
> negative comments

I'm fine with this.
We should promptly update all documentation and wiki pages accordingly
to prevent confusion and unneccessary questions in the mailing lists. If
there is no time to update, we should wait until we can do it.

> So I'll do it soon and will then ask if we want to move the 2 Gradle
> tasks "testIntegration" and "loadDefault" as scripts in the tools branch.

If we remove them, please update the documentation accordingly also.

> Though it's not really the antonym of start, I finally have decided to
> not change "ofbizBackground --shutdown " to ofbizBackground --stop".
> You just need to get used to it, please speak if you think we should.

I would leave it as is.

Thanks,

Michael Brohl
ecomify GmbH