Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Jian He <jh...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/09/16 07:57:57 UTC

Merge YARN-1197 container resize into trunk

Hi All,

First of all, Thanks Meng Ding and Wangda Tan for all the hard work !

I would like to call a vote to merge YARN-1197 container resize into trunk.

Key idea:
This feature adds the ability for AM to change container resource size at runtime.

Details:
- This feature is tracked at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-1197
- It’s currently developed at a separate branch: https://github.com/apache/hadoop/commits/YARN-1197
- A uber patch(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-4157) generated from YARN-1197 to run against trunk  shows all unit tests have passed.
- This feature now can work end-to-end.
-  All the unresolved jiras under YARN-1197 will be the next step.

Thanks,
Wangda Tan & Meng Ding & Jian He

Re: Merge YARN-1197 container resize into trunk

Posted by Jian He <jh...@hortonworks.com>.
Chris, Thanks for reminding, missed that.
Starting a new thread.

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.