Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Walter <Ma...@t-online.de> on 2001/08/26 19:22:10 UTC

Installation of tomcat package on a debian woody system

I'am trying to get tomcat to work on a Debian woody system,
but the only success I have is a plain/text file from local-
host.

First of all I compiled the sources from jakarta.apache.org,
but it stucks due to a segmentation fault. Anyway.

Then I tried to install all required packages and changed
the init scripts so they can find $DAMON and $CONFIG files:
( the values were set to my self compiled system )

Tomcat 3.2.2-1
apache 1.3.19-1
jdk1.1 1.1.8v1-3
libapache-mod-jk 3.2.2-1

I started apache with /etc/init.d/apache start.

Now I'am trying to get access to localhost in order to execute
my Hello.java script located under:

/usr/share/java/webapps/

The content of this script is available in my browser in plain/
ascii, so I expect the Mime-Types aren't recognized from tomcat ?

Before that I've changed server.xml so tomcat can reference the
document and proofed that the following lines are included in
the httpd.conf:

<IfModule mod_jk.c>
 The following line is for apacheconfig - DO NOT REMOVE!
JkWorkersFile /etc/apache/mod_jk/workers.properties
Include /etc/apache/mod_jk/tomcat-auto
</IfModule>

So the module seems to be loaded as without the IfModule directive
no error message appears.

The bugzilla at debian.org has no entries included refering to
tomcat and I wrote a mail to debian-user without any answer
to my question.

Has someone possibly the a/m packages installed and was able to
get them to work properly ?

--
Best Regards,

Mark