Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Vikram Dixit K <vi...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/04 23:07:57 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 1.0.0 Released

The Apache Hive team is proud to announce the the release of Apache
Hive version 1.0.0.

The Apache Hive (TM) data warehouse software facilitates querying and
managing large datasets residing in distributed storage. Built on top
of Apache Hadoop (TM), it provides:

* Tools to enable easy data extract/transform/load (ETL)

* A mechanism to impose structure on a variety of data formats

* Access to files stored either directly in Apache HDFS (TM) or in other
  data storage systems such as Apache HBase (TM)

* Query execution via Apache Hadoop MapReduce and Apache Tez frameworks.

For Hive release details and downloads, please
visit:https://hive.apache.org/downloads.html

Hive 1.0.0 Release Notes are available here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12329278&styleName=Text&projectId=12310843

We would like to thank the many contributors who made this release
possible.

Regards,

The Apache Hive Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 1.0.0 Released

Posted by Devopam Mittra <de...@gmail.com>.
+1

Updated https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Hive with the latest version
info

regards
Devopam

--
Devopam Mittra
Life and Relations are not binary

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 1.0.0 Released

Posted by Thejas Nair <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by DU DU <wi...@gmail.com>.
I know. But comparing to 0.14.0 and 0.13.0, version 1.0.0 is expected to
have much, is it?

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 9:44 AM, grimaldi.vincenzo@gmail.com <
grimaldi.vincenzo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please note that the Tez support is for version 0.5.2 now.

>> It is mainly a collection of bug fix on 0.14.0, is it?
>> Thanks,
>> Will
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 8:38 AM, Clark Yang (杨卓荦) <ya...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Congrats! Great job!
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Zhuoluo (Clark) Yang

>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Dayong
>>

> --
> [image: photo]
> *Vincenzo Grimaldi*
> Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
>  p:00 39 380 52 22 218 | m:00 353 851 69 84 58 | e:
> grimaldi.vincenzo@gmail.com | a: Aprt. 148A, Smithfield Market,
> Smithfield, Dublin 7, Ireland
>  <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/facebook.com/vgrimaldi2>
> <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/ie.linkedin.com/pub/vincenzo-grimaldi/14/422/bb1/>

Dayong

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 1.0.0 Released

Posted by "grimaldi.vincenzo@gmail.com" <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by DU DU <wi...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Congrats! Great job!
>
> Thanks,
> Zhuoluo (Clark) Yang

>> The Apache Hive team is proud to announce the the release of Apache
>> Hive version 1.0.0.
>>
>> The Apache Hive (TM) data warehouse software facilitates querying and
>> managing large datasets residing in distributed storage. Built on top
>> of Apache Hadoop (TM), it provides:
>>
>> * Tools to enable easy data extract/transform/load (ETL)
>>
>> * A mechanism to impose structure on a variety of data formats
>>
>> * Access to files stored either directly in Apache HDFS (TM) or in other
>>   data storage systems such as Apache HBase (TM)
>>
>> * Query execution via Apache Hadoop MapReduce and Apache Tez frameworks.
>>
>> For Hive release details and downloads, please
>> visit:https://hive.apache.org/downloads.html
>>
>> Hive 1.0.0 Release Notes are available here:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12329278&styleName=Text&projectId=12310843
>>

>> We would like to thank the many contributors who made this release
>> possible.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> The Apache Hive Team

Dayong

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 1.0.0 Released

Posted by "Clark Yang (杨卓荦)" <ya...@gmail.com>.
Congrats! Great job!

Thanks,
Zhuoluo (Clark) Yang