Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2013/05/02 01:18:46 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Draft trademark guidelines

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 11:48 PM, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Cool, thanks Karen!
>>
>> We might want to consider sticking these in a repository somewhere, so we
>> can version them.
>>

> I placed the logos in svn (/cloudstack/media/)
>
> Unless someone vehemently objects, I intend on purging all of the
> logos on that wiki page, particularly since there are logos that we
> don't want used. I'll wait a few days before doing that, since purging
> attachments is destructive in the wiki.
> I am also (again, unless there is an outcry) going to strip the
> 'draft' title from that document.
>
> Karen/Sonny: I don't see cloudmonkey graphics, nor do I see
> compinations of the logo plus the cloudmonkey logo - and I am not
> aware of source.
>
> --David

This is done.

--David

Re: [DISCUSS] Draft trademark guidelines

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Chip Childers
<ch...@sungard.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 05:56:13PM -0700, Karen Vuong wrote:
>> Hi David,
>>
>> Sorry for the delay on this one. I've created the Apache CloudStack logo with the cloudmonkey. Please take a look here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Graphics+and+Resources
>>
>> The vector format of the cloudmonkey is located here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpageattachments.action?pageId=30760149. The vector format of the Apache CloudStack logo with the Cloud Monkey is also located there.
>
> Is the EPS file the vector format?  Any chance we can get an SVG for
> consistency?
>
> -chip

convert is your friend.

--David

Re: [DISCUSS] Draft trademark guidelines

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 05:56:13PM -0700, Karen Vuong wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Sorry for the delay on this one. I've created the Apache CloudStack logo with the cloudmonkey. Please take a look here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Graphics+and+Resources
>
> The vector format of the cloudmonkey is located here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpageattachments.action?pageId=30760149. The vector format of the Apache CloudStack logo with the Cloud Monkey is also located there.
>
> I would welcome any feedback or suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Karen

+1 to this.  I'll add these to our svn repo and link from our trademark
guidelines [1] in a few.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Trademark+Guidelines

RE: [DISCUSS] Draft trademark guidelines

>> We might want to consider sticking these in a repository somewhere,
>> so we can version them.
>>

> I placed the logos in svn (/cloudstack/media/)
>
> Unless someone vehemently objects, I intend on purging all of the
> logos on that wiki page, particularly since there are logos that we
> don't want used. I'll wait a few days before doing that, since purging
> attachments is destructive in the wiki.
> I am also (again, unless there is an outcry) going to strip the
> 'draft' title from that document.
>
> Karen/Sonny: I don't see cloudmonkey graphics, nor do I see
> compinations of the logo plus the cloudmonkey logo - and I am not
> aware of source.
>
> --David

This is done.

--David