Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2005/08/04 12:36:15 UTC

presentation on ant1.7 features

List subscribers may be interested to see the presentation I gave last
month at apachecon europe, which looks at leading edge features of
Ant1.6, forthcoming stuff in ant1.7, and interesting things from third
parties.

http://www.1060.org/blogxter/resources/5/ant-1.7.pdf

Note that these are all personal opinions; all statements about features
and availability of ant1.7 are subject to change without warning, etc,
etc. If you do want to play with the 1.7 features, you will need to
check it out from CVS (soon, SVN), do a buiild yourself, then get
involved on the dev mailing list if you encounter problems.

-Steve

Re: presentation on ant1.7 features

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Pankaj Kumar wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> Great presentation!
>
> I had a couple of thoughts after going through the presentation. I
> wrote about those at my blog:
> http://www.pankaj-k.net/archives/2005/08/ant17_for_build.html

1. No, its not a full programming language. go prove turing-equivalence
if you want to correct me on that. It still happily retains a workflow
model for building things, not a fancy BPEL-esque syntax for generic
workflow.

Once you do inline scripting you do get a real language; any of the ones
you choose to use.

2. I dont know if presetdefs carry on down or not. I think they may, but
you'd have to check. Stick them in an antlib and load it ever

Re: presentation on ant1.7 features

Posted by Pankaj Kumar <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve,

wrote about those at my blog: