Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ruel Loehr <ru...@jboss.com> on 2006/02/15 22:44:26 UTC

getting information from a dependencies pom.xml

Each thirdparty dependency has a pom file which has the potential to
hold a wealth of information (e.g. license-info).

I'm working on a custom plugin which would traverse the dependency graph
and validate that each dependency's pom.xml has a license defined.
However, I've hit a wall when it comes to accessing the info in the pom
of the dependency.

//for each dependency in the dependency management section

      //get the dependency

      //resolve it

      //get the artifact

     The question is how can I access the information that is contained
in the pom of a dependency?   I have not found any methods on
dependency, or artifact, that allow me to access it's project model.

Ruel Loehr

JBoss QA

-----------------------------

512-342-7840 ext 2011

Yahoo: ruelloehr

Skype: ruelloehr

AOL: dokoruel

Re: getting information from a dependencies pom.xml

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ruel,

An example you might look at is the DependenciesReport in
maven-project-info-reports-plugin.

You shouldn't need to manually resolve the artifact as long as you are
requiring that the project already resolve its dependencies - the
steps you need for each dependency is:
- create an artifact of type pom to match the dependency
- use the project builder to create a mavenproject to inspect

HTH,
Brett