Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Pedro Sá da Costa <ps...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/22 15:52:58 UTC

Mapreduce queues

Hi,

When a cluster has several queues, the JobTracker has to manage all
clusters?

--
Best regards,

Re: Mapreduce queues

Posted by Pedro Sá da Costa <ps...@gmail.com>.
In this article (
http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/hadoop/next-generation-apache-hadoop-mapreduce-scheduler-4141.html),
it is referred that the "The Scheduler is responsible for allocating
resources to the various running applications subject to familiar
constraints of capacities, queues etc. (...) The Scheduler then allocates
resources based on application-specific constraints such as appropriate
machines and global constraints such as capacities of the application,
queue, user etc."

Maybe this is not the right place to put this question, but I just wanted
to know if mapreduce use the term queue? If so, what is a queue for a
mapreduce?

--
Best regards,

Re: Mapreduce queues