Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jianliang Zhao <jz...@zaplet.com> on 2002/09/25 21:34:31 UTC

question regarding type extension

I looked through the Axis source code, it seems the following case is not handled correctly:
I have a class A which has a custom serializer and deserializer. The serializer generates a complext schema type with one element(no match between the element name and A's bean property name).

Another class B extends A and has a few bean properties and it utilizes the bean serializer and deserializer.

When sending a SOAP request, I also include A's custom element under the element requiring B's type.

It doesn't look like the code is forwarding the deserialization of the custom element to A's deserializer.

Does anyone know how currently Axis handle this situation?

Thanks,

Jianliang