Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Arnout Engelen <en...@apache.org> on 2022/10/18 13:51:46 UTC

Publish statement on Commons Text CVE

Hello Commons,

As you might know Commons Text recently published a CVE. It seems there is
a fair bit of confusion about its severity online, so it seems like a good
idea to publish a statement around that on the website.

I've proposed one at https://github.com/apache/commons-text/pull/374 and
I'd like to ask for your review & help publishing. Given the issue is
getting some attention it might be nice to publish something soon and maybe
refine it later ;). I'll also publish it at
https://blogs.apache.org/security .

I think what would need to happen is:
* review and merge https://github.com/apache/commons-text/pull/374
* check out the commit before the merge commit (since that one still has
1.10.0 as the version in the pom.xml)
* tag it with something clear, like "commons-text-1.10.0-docs-update"(?)
* push the tag
* do a 'mvn site:deploy'

Much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Arnout

Re: Publish statement on Commons Text CVE

Posted by Bruno Kinoshita <ki...@apache.org>.
Not a problem, and thank **you** for the many releases and for working on
CVE, site updates, commons reports, PR reviews :)

Fixed! The Apache Commons Configuration Security page is now live:
> https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-configuration/security.html

It's working fine for me too!

CHeers

Bruno