Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "DHARNA, AJAY [AG/1000]" <aj...@monsanto.com> on 2008/02/20 15:46:51 UTC

Overriding Plugin Configuration in Settings.xml

Please let me know if there is a way in which I can override my cargo
plugin configuration and execution from a profile that is in my
settings.xml. I want the project pom to remain the same, however, when I
am running this project in tomcat on my machine, I would like to change
the configuration and also change what goals it executes.

Ajay

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto, including its subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware". Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.

Re: Overriding Plugin Configuration in Settings.xml

Posted by VUB Stefan Seidel <ss...@vub.de>.
You need two profiles in your pom with the different settings. Then you
can add the appropriate profile in the settings.xml and set
<activeByDefault>true</> for the one to use.

Stefan

DHARNA, AJAY [AG/1000] wrote:
> Please let me know if there is a way in which I can override my cargo
> plugin configuration and execution from a profile that is in my
> settings.xml. I want the project pom to remain the same, however, when I
> am running this project in tomcat on my machine, I would like to change
> the configuration and also change what goals it executes.
>
> Ajay

> This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.
>

> All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto, including its subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware". Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.

best regards,

Stefan Seidel
software developer
________________________
VUB Printmedia GmbH
Chopinstraße 4
D-04103 Leipzig
Germany
tel.    +49 (341) 9 60 50 07
fax.    +49 (341) 9 60 50 92
mail.   sseidel@vub.de
web.    www.vub.de

HRB Köln 24015
UStID DE 122 649 251
GF Dr. Achim Preuss Neudorf,
Dr. Christian Preuss Neudorf

Re: Overriding Plugin Configuration in Settings.xml

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
Currently, Maven doesn't allow plugin configuration inside the
settings.xml. In some cases, you can specify part of a plugin's
configuration as a POM property or combination of properties, then
override those properties inside a profile in the settings.xml, but
if you're talking about running an entirely different set of goals
for the plugin, you probably want to use a profile that's embedded in
the project POM instead. You'd then either mark that profile as
<activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault> or else use the -P profile-id
command-line flag.

HTH,

-john

On Feb 20, 2008, at 9:46 AM, DHARNA, AJAY [AG/1000] wrote:

> Please let me know if there is a way in which I can override my cargo
> plugin configuration and execution from a profile that is in my
> settings.xml. I want the project pom to remain the same, however,
> when I
> am running this project in tomcat on my machine, I would like to
> change
> the configuration and also change what goals it executes.
>
> Ajay

> -----------------------------------
> This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential
> information, and is intended to be received only by persons
> entitled to receive such information. If you have received this e-
> mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. Please delete
> it and all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other
> media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.
>

> All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to
> monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto, including its
> subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible
> for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware".
> Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any
> damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying this
> e-mail or any attachment.

---
John Casey
Committer and PMC Member, Apache Maven