Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by sc...@financial.com on 2004/08/12 13:04:46 UTC

client-api-problems with WebdavResource.propfindMethod(int depth, java.util.Vector properties)

Hi Ingo,

thanks for your help. Seems you already found out how to work with that
api :o)

But it didn't get me further.
No I fetched the property via

  Vector vec=new Vector();
  org.apache.webdav.lib.PropertyName propName=
     new org.apache.webdav.lib.PropertyName("DAV:", "group-member-set");
  vec.add(propName);
  Enumeration enum=
     resource.propfindMethod(org.apache.webdav.lib.methods.DepthSupport.DEPTH_INFINITY,vec);

But all I got is an completly empty org.w3c.dom.Element with not nodes in
it :o(

I realy don't understand why only this propgetall works, and all more
specific propget fail. I would be ok with the propget all and parsing the
xml myself, but it does only return the group-member-set, when this slide
parameter is set to testing mode.

I also tried the method only with the vector, without the depth int, but
this returned the same empty String as the one with the String-argument.

Didn't anybody solve this issue yet??
Regards,
Frank

Re: client-api-problems with WebdavResource.propfindMethod(int depth, java.util.Vector properties)

Posted by Ingo Brunberg <ib...@fiz-chemie.de>.
Frank,

I would like to advise you like a hundred people before to capture and
post the traffic. That way one quickly can see wheter the client sends
some garbage and what response the server sends back.

Ingo