Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Aleksi Grönlund <kv...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/26 13:04:07 UTC

How to change snapshot artifacts timezone?

I am using Maven version 3.0.4 and Nexus repository where to deploy Maven
created snapshot artifacts. How I can change snapshots timestamp timezone
from UTC to Europe/Helsinki ?

I have tried to set timezone with following JAVA_OPTS and MAVEN_OPTS but
those does not help with this issue. Any ideas?

JAVA_OPTS=-Duser.timezone=Europe/Helsinki
MAVEN_OPTS=-Duser.timezone=Europe/Helsinki

Br,
Kvartal00

Re: How to change snapshot artifacts timezone?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>.
Aleksi,

Ben is write, the code expanding the "-SNAPSHOT" token is hard-coded to UTC and I don't see a reason you would want to change that.

On Jun 26, 2014, at 7:04 AM, Aleksi Grönlund <kv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using Maven version 3.0.4 and Nexus repository where to deploy Maven
> created snapshot artifacts. How I can change snapshots timestamp timezone
> from UTC to Europe/Helsinki ?
>
> I have tried to set timezone with following JAVA_OPTS and MAVEN_OPTS but
> those does not help with this issue. Any ideas?
>
> JAVA_OPTS=-Duser.timezone=Europe/Helsinki
> MAVEN_OPTS=-Duser.timezone=Europe/Helsinki
>
> Br,
> Kvartal00

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

We all have problems. How we deal with them is a measure of our worth.

 -- Unknown

Re: How to change snapshot artifacts timezone?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
For your CI you need a repository for snapshots so that you can pull them
in after the local maven repository cache is cleared.
But for developers you dont want them pulling snapshots from a repository.

The reason is that Developer B pushes a snapshot of something you require,
and guess what, they broke the interface/implementation of that jar, and
now you can no longer work until you fix that snapshot.
You want your developers in control of when and how often they update their
snapshots, which generally means that they manually rebase from source
control and build the snapshot jars locally.

--
Buy your books from me and Book Depository at
http://www.users.on.net/~baerrach/

Re: How to change snapshot artifacts timezone?

Posted by Ben Podgursky <bp...@gmail.com>.