Posted to dev@orc.apache.org by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/03 17:13:39 UTC

[VOTE] Should we release ORC 1.4.0rc1?

Ok, I made two mistakes:
1. I didn't update the version in the build to say 1.4.0 instead of
1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.
2. I didn't include the ORC-181 fix.

I've rolled a new release candidate.

Tag: https://github.com/apache/orc/releases/tag/release-1.4.0rc1
Tar ball: http://home.apache.org/~omalley/orc-1.4.0/

Re: [VOTE] Should we release ORC 1.4.0rc1?

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com>.
With five +1's (3 binding) and no -1's the release passes.

Thanks everyone!
   Owen

Posted by Prasanth Jayachandran <j....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com>.
I should also point out that I ran the C++ and Java build and tests on the
whole list of supported OSes. Including:

   - CentOS 6 and 7
   - Debian 7 and 8
   - Ubuntu 12, 14, and 16
   - MacOS 10.12

.. Owen

Posted by Prasanth Jayachandran <j....@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Deepak Majeti <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
regards,
Deepak Majeti

Re: [VOTE] Should we release ORC 1.4.0rc1?