Posted to users@camel.apache.org by vcheruvu <v_...@hotmail.com> on 2010/09/15 06:35:59 UTC

Camel-QuickFIX - JMX console to invoke quickfix server operations

Hi,

I have started Camel-QuickFix component as an acceptor. I have managed to
send mock fix messages to the my Camel-Quickfix from FIX Simulator. Now I am
trying to turn on JMX support for Camel-QuickFIX component. I went through
the QuickFixAcceptor code and have not seen any code that  enable JMX
support for QuickFix. How can I enable JMX support for Quickfix in Camel so
that i could invoke reset, logon, logout and disconnect operations?

Kind regards,
-Vid-

Re: Camel-QuickFIX - JMX console to invoke quickfix server operations

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
This is really great news Steve!

It would be great to have a fully featured camel integration to QuickFix/J.
The way the FIX protocol works, I think it's a perfect fit for camel routes
and with my focus on financial industry this has great potential.

Best regards,

/Bengt

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
OSGi compliance is definitely a requirement for me...

/Bengt

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steven

> [...]

>> it doesn't seem to happen.
>>
>> Charles do you have any comments on the current status of the camel-quickfix
>> component - especially with regards to the issues I found some time back?
>>
>> /Bengt
>> <https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-1350>
>>
>> 2010/9/15 Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>
>>
>>> To my knowledge the camel-quickfix component doesnt offer JMX management.
>>> Maybe QuickFix itself has some JMX management, you can tap into.
>>>
>>> Otherwise we love contributions and you are welcome to work on adding
>>> JMX management for camel-quickfix.
>>>
>>> See for example how you can annotate the endpoint
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/camel-core/src/main/java/org/apa
>>> che/camel/component/timer/TimerEndpoint.java
>>>
>>> You can do the same for the Producer / Consumer etc.
>>> Just implement the ManagementAware interface.

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Posted by vcheruvu <v_...@hotmail.com>.
Steve and Hadrian,

Thank you for quick responses. Camel and Quickfix are promising combination
for developing apps. I am looking forward to apply your changes for
performance testing in my environment. I will share my performance results
with you guys.

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Actually I hope to get it in this week, in time for camel-2.5.0.
Hadrian

Posted by Stephen Bate <ba...@technoetic.com>.
Hello Vid,

Posted by Stephen Bate <ba...@technoetic.com>.
Hello Bengt,

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
To my knowledge the camel-quickfix component doesnt offer JMX management.
Maybe QuickFix itself has some JMX management, you can tap into.

Otherwise we love contributions and you are welcome to work on adding
JMX management for camel-quickfix.

See for example how you can annotate the endpoint
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/camel-core/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/timer/TimerEndpoint.java

You can do the same for the Producer / Consumer etc.
Just implement the ManagementAware interface.

There may be more details here as well
http://camel.apache.org/camel-jmx.html

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 6:35 AM, vcheruvu <v_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have started Camel-QuickFix component as an acceptor. I have managed to
> send mock fix messages to the my Camel-Quickfix from FIX Simulator. Now I am
> trying to turn on JMX support for Camel-QuickFIX component. I went through
> the QuickFixAcceptor code and have not seen any code that  enable JMX
> support for QuickFix. How can I enable JMX support for Quickfix in Camel so
> that i could invoke reset, logon, logout and disconnect operations?
>

> Kind regards,
> -Vid-

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer