Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Fred K <fr...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/21 21:18:37 UTC

[users@httpd] Is httpd impacted by openssl asn1 CVE?

Hi

In this week's openssl security announcement were two moderate CVE related
to asn1.
- when/where does the Apache httpd server (e.g. 2.4.12) actually use asn1?
- does apache rely on openssl for asn1 and do we need to be concerned
about:
Segmentation fault in ASN1_TYPE_cmp (CVE-2015-0286)
ASN.1 structure reuse memory corruption (CVE-2015-0287)

Thank you very much - Fred

Re: [users@httpd] Is httpd impacted by openssl asn1 CVE?

Posted by Fred K <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I understand that. The questions are about understanding when does it
(openssl) asn1 matter if at all for Apache httpd.
Rgds - Fred

Posted by Robert Webb <rw...@ropeguru.com>.
All depends on what version of open ssl you are using. Not the version of apache.

Sent by MailWise – See your emails as clean, short chats.