Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Alex Objelean <al...@isdc.ro> on 2007/08/27 11:36:22 UTC

I18n and resource bundles prioritization

The
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/I18n+and+resource+bundles
wicket wiki page  states that "you can use MyApplication.properties for site
wide messages and override these in any of the other properties files.".

But there is a case where this is not true:

I have a BaseApplicationPage.properties file with the following resource
message:
<code>
nullValid=All
</code>

And another, component specific file: NewBookingPeriod.properties with the
same resource message:
<code>
nullValid=Empty Prices
</code>

I would expect that the latest resource message (Empty Prices) would
override the generic nullValid resource message. But it doesn't work this
way.

My workaround is to change (prepend to nullValid the component id) the
resource message from NewBookingPeriod.properties to:
<code>
bookingPeriods.nullValid=Empty Prices
</code>
This way it works. Shouldn't it work also when the
NewBookingPeriod.properties defines nullValid the same way as
BaseApplicationPage.properties does?

Re: I18n and resource bundles prioritization

Posted by Alex Objelean <al...@isdc.ro>.
JIRA issue created:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-959
WICKET-959

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.