Posted to dev@crail.apache.org by Jonas Pfefferle <pe...@japf.ch> on 2018/10/26 11:14:46 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Crail-1.1-incubating [rc3]

Hi all,

We prepared a new release to address the issues found in rc2. This is a call
for a vote on releasing Apache Crail 1.1-incubating, release candidate rc3.
The following issues has been addressed:

* add license to documentation and remove exclude from rat check
* Improve build process to generate tarballs with correct names and
directory structure
* Improve build to automatically generate checksum files
* Change release documentation accordingly

The source and binary tarball, including signatures, digests, etc. can be
found at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/crail/1.1-rc3/

The commit to be voted upon:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-crail.git;a=commit;h=883add5b62408fc6b54cecf2e0b81ee6caf0f8b4

The Nexus Staging URL:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecrail-1002/

Release artifacts are signed with the key AA557B11:
https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/crail/KEYS

For information about the contents of this release, see:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-crail.git;a=blob;f=HISTORY.md;h=86e1b5a39d3a13f1cca2621677057763fdf9ac96;hb=883add5b62408fc6b54cecf2e0b81ee6caf0f8b4
or for better readability
https://github.com/apache/incubator-crail/blob/v1.1-rc3/HISTORY.md

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Crail 1.1-incubating

The vote will be open for 72 hours. Since the weekend is approaching I will
extend the deadline accordingly to give everyone a chance to vote.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Crail 1.1-incubating
[ ] +0 no opinion

Jonas

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Crail-1.1-incubating [rc3]

Posted by Patrick Stuedi <ps...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Thanks everyone for putting the release together!
-Patrick

Posted by Animesh Trivedi <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by bernard metzler <bm...@gmx.ch>.
Thanks all!

+1

Bernard.

[RESULT][VOTE] Release of Apache Crail-1.1-incubating [rc3]

Posted by Jonas Pfefferle <pe...@japf.ch>.
Hi all,

Thanks to all who voted. I'm closing the vote since the (extended because of
weekend) 72 hours have passed. Here are the results:
5 + votes
0 - votes

I will call for the IPMC vote.

Thanks,