Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ge...@nokia.com on 2002/11/19 11:18:21 UTC

Security example bug ?

Hi,

  I'm playing around with the security sample in Axis 1.0 release.
I'm trying to add a digital dignature to my message. The sample
seems to work, it runs without problems. Except when you try to write
out the signed content after verification, nothing appears.
I wondered could it happen that in fact nothing is signed, therefore the
signature is of course correct. In this case the signature is meaningless !
  Shouldn't the body element include a SOAP-SEC:id attribute with "Body"
value in SignedSOAPEnvelope.java ? Something like this:

  bodyElem.setAttributeNS(SOAPSECNS, "SOAP-SEC:id", "Body");

  What do you think ?

  Br, Geza