Posted to wsif-dev@ws.apache.org by Pravir Ramtekkar <pr...@nms.fnc.fujitsu.com> on 2004/05/18 20:55:16 UTC

Bugzilla Bug 25799 WSIFException trying to match WSDL method to class method using java binding

Bugzilla Bug 25799
    WSIFException trying to match WSDL method to class method using java
binding

Hi,
I have been struggling to get over this issue a last couple of days.
works great for one WSDL( rpc style) but doesn't work with another
(literal style).

I see only this bug which addresses the issue but the workaround given
in there doesn't help me because I am not using DataHandlers.
it's a simple method
public void myObject query(String)

which returns following exception :
org.apache.wsif.WSIFException: Method query(class java.lang.String) was
not found in portType {http://www.openuri.org/}PartnersQueryServiceSoap
at
org.apache.wsif.base.WSIFClientProxy.findMatchingOperation(WSIFClientProxy.java:599)
at org.apache.wsif.base.WSIFClientProxy.invoke(WSIFClientProxy.java:243)

I dont see any activity on this bug and it's still NEW and not assigned.
Is this bug being addressed at all or is not a bug?

Please help!

thanx

Re: Bugzilla Bug 25799 WSIFException trying to match WSDL method to class method using java binding

Posted by Pravir Ramtekkar <pr...@nms.fnc.fujitsu.com>.
Hi Alek,
I found another post on the same topic replied to by Anthony
Elder.(attached below) I am getting the same exception.

has this already been resolved? I also looked at the
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/WSIF-59 but it's still open.

any response is appreciated.

thanx,
Pravir

*****
Hi Olivier,

We think we know what's going wrong here but need to see your WSDL to
confirm. Could you post you complete WSDL (if its too big for posting to
the list then email it to me directly).

Thanks,

        ...ant

Anthony Elder
ant.elder@uk.ibm.com
Web Services Development
IBM UK Laboratories,  Hursley Park
(+44) 01962 818320, x248320, MP208.

"Brand, Olivier" <Ol...@vodafone.com> on 13/03/2003 14:23:21

Please respond to wsif-user@ws.apache.org

To:    <ws...@ws.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:    Error when calling a method on a stub !!

Could someone explains me why I get this type of message when calling a
method on a returned stub.
The message seems clear but cannot see where is the error....

Extract of the messages for getPrice:

<message name="getPriceResponse">
   <part name="chargingServiceResult" type="result:resultType"/>
  </message>
  <message name="getPriceRequest">
   <part name="user" type="user:userType"/>
   <part name="item" type="item:itemType"/>
  </message>

Extract of the port type:

<portType name="ChargingServicePortType">
   <operation name="getPrice">
    <input name="getPriceRequest" message="tns:getPriceRequest"/>
    <output name="getPriceResponse" message="tns:getPriceResponse"/>
    <fault name="chargingServiceException" message
    ="tns:chargingServiceException"/>
   </operation>

Extract of the Java Binding:

<binding name="JavaChargingService" type="tns:ChargingServicePortType">
   <java:binding/>
   <format:typeMapping encoding="Java" style="Java">
    <format:typeMap typeName="user:userType" formatType
    ="com.vodafone.global.charging.user.UserType"/>
    <format:typeMap typeName="item:itemType" formatType
    ="com.vodafone.global.charging.item.ItemType"/>
    <format:typeMap typeName="result:resultType" formatType
    ="com.vodafone.global.charging.result.ResultType"/>
   </format:typeMapping>

   <operation name="getPrice">
    <java:operation
            methodName="getPrice"
            parameterOrder="user item"
            methodType="instance"
            returnPart="chargingServiceResult" />
    <input name="getPriceRequest"/>
    <output name="getPriceResponse"/>
    <fault name="chargingServiceException"/>
   </operation>

Extract of the service:

<port name="JavaChargingService" binding="tns:JavaChargingService">
   <java:address className
   ="com.vodafone.global.charging.SOAPChargingServiceImpl"/>
</port>

ERROR:

org.apache.wsif.WSIFException: Method getPrice(class
  com.vodafone.global.charging.user.UserType, class
  com.vodafone.global.charging.item.ItemType) was not found in portType
  {http://global.vodafone.com/wsdls/charging}ChargingServicePortType
  at org.apache.wsif.base.WSIFClientProxy.findMatchingOperation(Unknown
  Source)
  at org.apache.wsif.base.WSIFClientProxy.invoke(Unknown Source)
  at $Proxy0.getPrice(Unknown Source)

Olivier

*****

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.