Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Jens Geyer <je...@apache.org> on 2022/09/11 20:32:25 UTC

Python "staleness" check failing

Hi,

I have a problem understandimng what the intention of that file
/compiler/cpp/test/compiler/staleness_check.py" could be?

Particularly, there is a failing test here
https://app.travis-ci.com/github/apache/thrift/jobs/582450071#L8968

As far as I see ot, since there is no constants in Included.thrift the
file Included_constants.cpp will not be generated at all. So how can a
file become stale that does not even exist?

What am I overlooking?

Re: Python "staleness" check failing

Posted by Jiayu Liu <ji...@hey.com.INVALID>.
i put out a fix at https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/2661 which
should be bringing the build back to normal.

Posted by Jiayu Liu <ji...@hey.com.INVALID>.
I did try out hash 72d5912 which wasn't long ago and it did work, and i