Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Lukas Lang <lu...@inode.at> on 2008/08/06 23:42:24 UTC

[GSoC] Proposal modification

Hello,

after investing some time in the WebDAV block and meeting Reinhard today,
none of us can spot a way to migrate this block to Spring easily and provide integration tests
with embedded Jackrabbit.

Migration process originally aimed at removing Slide specific dependencies.
Due to lack of DASL capabilities of Jackrabbit, this becomes impossible in an easy way.

To proceed, I would have to

a) fix the HTTPClient version incompatibility issue [1]
b) find a way to get rid of Slide specific stuff
c) implement DASL capabilities using JCR (JSR-170 [2])

By the way, Reinhard suggested to deal with the cocoon-jcr block instead.

If no one objects, I would proceed to do so, as SoC time already is advanced.

Regards,
Lukas

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2153
[2] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170

Re: [GSoC] Proposal modification

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@onehippo.com>.
Lukas Lang wrote:

> a) fix the HTTPClient version incompatibility issue [1]
> b) find a way to get rid of Slide specific stuff
> c) implement DASL capabilities using JCR (JSR-170 [2])
>
> If no one objects, I would proceed to do so, as SoC time already is
> advanced.

Sounds like a good plan!

Regards,

Jeroen