Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com> on 2004/05/21 16:39:04 UTC

ASL 2.0

Howdy folks,

When doing a minute of research, I noticed that the FOP License page[1]
still references ASL 1.1. Is there anything special we need to do with
that page, or should I just replace it with the contents of ASL 2.0? In
other words, should I:

a. pre-pend ASL 2.0 (put it at the top) and leave ASL 1.1 to follow?
b. replace ASL 1.1 with ASL 2.0 (ASL 1.1 would no longer be accessible
from that page)
c. rename license.html => license1.1.html and have a new license.html w
ASL 2.0
d. something else?

Thanks!

Web Maestro Clay

[1]
http://xml.apache.org/fop/license.html

Re: ASL 2.0

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Clay,

our current version 0.20.5 was released under the Apache licence 1.1, so
I think the AL 1.1 should stay. (a) would be best but adding a short
paragraph at the top of the page explaining the applicability of each
licence would be great. Thank you!

On 21.05.2004 16:39:04 Clay Leeds wrote:
> Howdy folks,
>
> When doing a minute of research, I noticed that the FOP License page[1]
> still references ASL 1.1. Is there anything special we need to do with
> that page, or should I just replace it with the contents of ASL 2.0? In
> other words, should I:
>
> a. pre-pend ASL 2.0 (put it at the top) and leave ASL 1.1 to follow?
> b. replace ASL 1.1 with ASL 2.0 (ASL 1.1 would no longer be accessible
> from that page)
> c. rename license.html => license1.1.html and have a new license.html w
> ASL 2.0
> d. something else?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Web Maestro Clay