Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Alberto Gonzalez Mesas <ag...@hotmail.com> on 2015/09/21 18:53:28 UTC

Insert time or date on hbase from phoenix

I can't put cells with timestamp into hbase. If put a timestamp "10/10/2015 22:34:21" in hbase and i create a view in phoenix, phoenix not recognized the data.

¿Why?

EJ.

++ Create and put data into hbase:

Hbase> create 'table1', 'c'
Hbase> put 'table1', 'row1', 'c:timestamp', '23/09/2015 14:11:05'

++ Create and query data from phoenix:

CREATE VIEW "table1" (
    rowkey VARCHAR NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
    "c"."timestamp" TIMESTAMP
)

SELECT * FROM "table1";

ROWKEY    timestamp
   row1         <error>

any solutions?

Thx!!!!

Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 08:24:35 -0700
Subject: Re: failing unit test in Phoenix source (master branch)
From: jamestaylor@apache.org
To: user@phoenix.apache.org

Thanks for filing these issues. I believe these failures occur on Java 8, but not on 7. Not sure why, though.
   James

On Monday, September 14, 2015, James Heather <ja...@mendeley.com> wrote:
Reported as

James

On 14/09/15 11:56, James Heather wrote:

Table "b" should get evicted first, which creates enough space for "d". But in fact "c" gets evicted first, and then "b" needs to be evicted as well to make enough room.

I don't know if there's a race condition in here somewhere. It's odd that no one has picked up on a failing test before, so I'm wondering whether it succeeds in some environments. But it fails for me on both Ubuntu and Fedora (both with 64-bit Java 8).