Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Kevin Davies <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/25 23:18:45 UTC

Mike do you need anything?

Mike,

You are doing a lot of work on this. Do you need any funding? If so is
their a way to donate? I just ask because its fabulous work and having you
out of pocket for all the time and effort you spend on here just doesn't
seem right. I understand the open source mantra but you know, if I can pay
for your coffee at least...

Kind Regards

Kevin Davies

Re: Mike do you need anything?

Posted by Nick Couchman <ni...@yahoo.com>.
Definitely check JIRA - that's where issues get logged and you can find ones that aren't owned by anyone and aren't actively being worked and contribute to those.  Create an account for yourself and grab an issue that you want to work and work on it.  The process for contributing code to the project is done through github.com - you fork the repository (make sure to use the Apache Incubator ones, not the Glyptodon ones), create a branch and make your changes, then create a pull request to merge the changes back into the Apache repository.  The changes will go through a review by one or more committers on the Guacamole project before they are merged back into the code.  See the following page for information on contributing to the project:
http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/open-source/

Regards,Nick

On Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 10:19:05 AM EDT, Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com> wrote:

Mike Jumper wrote
> If you encounter an issue with guac, dig in and try to scratch that
> itch, working with us upstream to contribute the result.

Do you have any list of critical issues we can contribute? On  Github
<https://github.com/glyptodon>  or maybe in Jira?

I am kinda new to Github issues and don't know where can I apply my efforts,
but I can do smth on Python and Java.

Re: Mike do you need anything?

Posted by Suncatcher16 <su...@outlook.com>.
Mike Jumper wrote

Re: Mike do you need anything?

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
Thanks! I'm not the only one here, though - Apache Guacamole is a
(growing) community, so if you want to help out, the best way is to
help that community to continue to grow, participating in any way you
can.

Regarding donations, we can't accept donations as a project, but
please by all means donate to the ASF:

https://www.apache.org/foundation/contributing.html

If you want to help out directly, the best way would be to contribute.
If you encounter an issue with guac, dig in and try to scratch that
itch, working with us upstream to contribute the result. If you're not
programming-inclined, there are plenty of other ways to help out which
don't involve coding - staying active on the mailing lists, improving
the docs, updating/adding translations, helping write new RDP keymaps,
finding high-level ways to improve user experience, testing, spreading
the word ... etc.

We (and all projects under the Incubator and the ASF in general)
operate as a meritocracy: contributors gradually earn merit through
their contributions, contributors with merit are eventually invited to
join the project, and the project grows. The more the merrier. :)

- Mike

Re: Mike do you need anything?

Posted by Thiago Cruz <th...@gmail.com>.
I agree...How?