Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by HuiHuang <ye...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2009/06/23 03:59:20 UTC

about debug by VS

Hey Mark,

I come accross some problems recently and I hope you can give me some
advice.

1. how can I debug using VS, for example:
If I want to test 'commit' command, I can use 'python win-tests.py' and
choose what i want. But in this case I can not see the perform process.
If I want to see the content of variables, how should I do?

2. If I write a unit test, how can I run it? I have found svn_test_main.c,
but I do not know how to run it.

------------------
yellow.flying
2009-06-23

赶快注册雅虎超大容量免费邮箱?
http://cn.mail.yahoo.com

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2364385

Re: about debug by VS

Posted by Jens Peters <jp...@gmx.de>.
On 23-6-2009 5:59, HuiHuang wrote:
> 1. how can I debug using VS, for example:
> If I want to test 'commit' command, I can use 'python win-tests.py' and
> choose what i want. But in this case I can not see the perform process.
> If I want to see the content of variables, how should I do?

You can run the python tests from eclipse/pydev. Works perfectly for me
and offers debugging support for python. You could then enter e.g. a
stop moment somewhere in svn and then attach from Visual Studio to debug
the c code as well.

Regards,
Jens

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2364396