Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Arnaud Goupil <go...@yahoo.fr> on 2006/12/04 14:22:05 UTC

HTTP Status 500-No Context configured to process this request

Hi,

I'm new to Nutch.

After having failed to install Nutch on a Debian
distribution, I'm trying with a Mandriva.
And I get the same error ...

Everything seems to be configured as explained in the
tutorials, but when I try to open the search page
located at http://myserver:8080 I keep getting this
error :

HTTP Status 500 - No Context configured to process
this request

My Tomcat server works fine if I try to access the
default Tomcat's ROOT page.

I've found some stuff on the web dealing with this
issue , but nothing helps me.

I've read things about a web.xml file to put somewhere
and pointing to the "crawl" directory in the nutch
install folder. I've tried things with that, but
nothing worked.

One precision : I start Tomcat from the "crawl" folder
of Nutch, using the "/(tomcat bin dir)/catalina.sh
start".
Then, a new ROOT folder is generated in the webapps
folder of Tomcat, with what seems to be the standard
contents of a Nutch web application folder.

Could you help me ?
Thanks

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com