Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Daling Xu <da...@sonexent.com> on 2003/10/29 22:32:19 UTC

the slide 2.0.0 nightly code doesn't work

Hi,

I am trying to use Jakarta Slide 2.0.0 in my project. But the source
code from the cvs nightly build doesn't work.

At the beginning, I downloaded Martin Taal's binary code from
http://www.springsite.com/slide-dist_29072003.zip

(please refer to the message :
http://www.mail-archive.com/slide-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg04116.html
).

I copied the server directory to my C: driver , and renamed it to
Tomcat4 ( because the environment value CATALINA_HOME is set to
C:\Tomcat4 on my local machine),
Then I can run it just by C:\Tomcat4\bin\startup

Everything works fine, I can do locking, versioning, check in, check
out.  I even played with the slide.xml file to use MySQL to store all
the user and revision data.  Thank you, Martin.

But, to use the Slide in my project, I have to build it from source file
and make sure it really works.

I went to http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-slide/nightly/ and
downloaded the latest nightly code, after prepared all the dependency
libraries, I used 'ant full-dist' built a full distribution
successfully, but when I use the Tomcat-Slide server I built, after
start by C:\Tomcat4\bin\startup, it gave me error message, and the
WebDAV server , admin didn't set up correctly. (please see attached
error message).

I tried to download source code from the different date, none of them
worked. I even tried the source code on July 29, 2003 from CVS, because
Martin's binary code indicated that, it didn't work for me either. I am
so frustrated.

Anybody successfully built Slide 2.0.0 from source code, and made it
work? Any suggestion?

My machine's configuration:
Window's XP
JDK 1.4.2
Tomcat 4.1.24

Please help.

Daling Xu

Oct 29, 2003 4:31:16 PM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry loadRegistry
INFO: Loading registry information
Oct 29, 2003 4:31:16 PM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry getRegistry
INFO: Creating new Registry instance
Oct 29, 2003 4:31:17 PM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry getServer
INFO: Creating MBeanServer
Oct 29, 2003 4:31:17 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080
Oct 29, 2003 4:31:17 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8081
Oct 29, 2003 4:31:17 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8082
Oct 29, 2003 4:31:17 PM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry loadRegistry
INFO: Loading registry information
Oct 29, 2003 4:31:17 PM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry loadRegistry
INFO: Loading registry information
Starting Slide
org.apache.slide.structure.ObjectNotFoundException: No object found at
/actions
        at
slidestore.reference.JDBCDescriptorsStore.retrieveObject(JDBCDescript
orsStore.java:615)
        at
org.apache.slide.store.StandardStore.retrieveObject(StandardStore.jav
a:171)
        at
org.apache.slide.common.NamespaceConfig.getActionNode(NamespaceConfig
.java:971)
        at
org.apache.slide.common.NamespaceConfig.getConfiguredNode(NamespaceCo
nfig.java:726)
        at
org.apache.slide.common.NamespaceConfig.initializeNamespaceConfig(Nam
espaceConfig.java:596)
        at
org.apache.slide.common.Namespace.loadConfiguration(Namespace.java:88
8)
        at
org.apache.slide.common.EmbeddedDomain.addNamespace(EmbeddedDomain.ja
va:231)
        at
wrappers.catalina.SlideServerListener.loadNamespace(SlideServerListen
er.java:359)
        at
wrappers.catalina.SlideServerListener.initializeDomain(SlideServerLis
tener.java:296)
        at
wrappers.catalina.SlideServerListener.lifecycleEvent(SlideServerListe
ner.java:145)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
eSupport.java:166)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:218
3)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
Slide started
Starting service Slide Tomcat
Apache Tomcat/4.1.24
Oct 29, 2003 4:31:20 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080
Starting service Slide WebDAV
Apache Tomcat/4.1.24
Oct 29, 2003 4:31:20 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8081
Starting service Slide Admin
Apache Tomcat/4.1.24
Oct 29, 2003 4:31:20 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8082

RE: the slide 2.0.0 nightly code doesn't work

Posted by Daling Xu <da...@sonexent.com>.
Now, I have narrowed down the problem in the slide.kernal.jar file.

I tried to download the source on July 28 2003 from slide CVS, after
doing a full-dist building, I compared it with Martin's binary build.
And found out that, in my build if I replace the slide.kernel jar file
with Martin's jar file, my build works fine.

That means it must be in the java files for the slide.kernal I used have
something wrong, but there are so many files in that package, I don't
know how to locate the one, and what should be the right java file.

Anybody can help? Martin, do you remember modified any java source code
before you build it?

Thanks for any information.