Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Javed Mahmud <jm...@it.uts.edu.au> on 2002/12/18 06:53:10 UTC

Event Handling in JSPPortlet

Hello All,
I have a jsp page with Form Entry as
<Form method="post"

      action="http://localhost:8080/adm/portal">

 <input type="hidden" name="js_peid" value="P-f2300ace01-10001">
 <input type="hidden" name="actionType">

 <input type="hidden" name="action" value="portlets.UserDetailAction"/>

 <input type="submit" onclick = "actionType.value='A'"
name="eventSubmit_statusChange" value="Edit"/> &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp  <BR>
 Your Details
</Form>

It fails to call the statusChange Method defined in
portlets.UserDetailAction class. It bypasses to get the buid normal
context method.

Any clues??

Thanks Javed

RE: Event Handling in JSPPortlet

Posted by Javed Mahmud <jm...@it.uts.edu.au>.
Hi All,
I think I will try with doStatuschange.
And in person i dont give up to things that easily specially when it comes
to programming!!! :)

I will try but if i dont succeed i will come back !!!

Thanks
Javed

>> i had the same problem yesterday, evenif the method name was
>> doStatusChange
>> dont know why
>> may be try using velocity templates and action classes
>> jsp doesnt work properly in jetspeed
>> sangam dash
>>

> That is not a true statement. There's a working jsp portlet example in
> the tutorial.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
> Jakarta Jetspeed - Enterprise Portal in Java
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/

*---------------------------------------*
|Research Assistant                     |
|Building 10                            |
|Room 4405                              |
|Faculty of Information Technology      |
|Department of Computer Systems         |
|University of Technology Sydney        |
|Phone: 9514 4513                       |
|Mobile : 0413 607172                   |

RE: Event Handling in JSPPortlet

Posted by Javed Mahmud <jm...@it.uts.edu.au>.
Hi!
I cannot see any event handling example in jportal.jar. it contains simple
build normal context examples!!
Is there any separate source available for that???

Posted by Javed Mahmud <jm...@it.uts.edu.au>.
Hi,
I m still waiting for ur response Mark.
In the mean time What I have done is take out all the events and trying to
handle evry thing in the buildnormalcoontext method. But I have not
succeeded as aparently this buildnormalcontext runs for the first time and
when i submit it does not even go to build normal context method.
I am at a loss here! Could some one help me out...

thanks
Javed

Posted by Javed Mahmud <jm...@it.uts.edu.au>.
Hi,