Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Conrad <ca...@shaw.ca> on 2004/03/21 17:52:07 UTC

virtual Hosting using jetspeed.

Hi I am currently looking at using jetspeed for a portal, but I cannot find
any information on how I could use jetspeed in a virtual hosting
configuration. What I would like to have is multiple none-authenticated
portals based on host names.  eg  www.myportal.com which is different that
www.myportal2.com but once you login everyone is using the same portal. Any
Ideas. I know I could run multiple jetspeed portals but then I would have to
make changes to all portals if I add a new portlet. I also could create home
pages outside of jetspeed and link to the portals for each host name but
then the administration of what shows in the home pages is outside the
control of jetspeed. I want the administrator of the portal to use the
customizer to modify / add / remove anonymous portlets themselves.

Conrad