Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Tristan Zajonc <tr...@senseplatform.com> on 2014/01/14 06:12:58 UTC

Cloud interface for Spark/Shark/PySpark

Hi folks,

I've noticed some interest for a high-level cloud user interface to Spark /
Shark / PySpark and the rest of the BDAS tools.  We've been experimenting
with this at Sense (https://senseplatform.com), a new cloud platform for
data science we're building. We have managed to get PySpark cluster running
from within our Python engine and have also built a basic Hive/Shark engine
using our Engine API (https://github.com/SensePlatform/sense-engine).  The
experience is quite pleasurable but has the potential to be amazing.

If there's interest, it would be great to work with some
Spark/Shark/PySpark gurus on this.  I think a high-level user interface
could open up the BDAS to a whole new set of users.  If anybody is
interested in this, I'd love to chat: tristan@senseplatform.com

Thanks!
Tristan

--