Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Guillermo Payet <gp...@localharvest.org> on 2008/10/04 00:14:48 UTC

uploaded files with spaces in names

Hi,

Whenever a user uploads a file with a space in the filename, the
resulting URL, as reported by the roller admin interface, is broken.

For example:

A user uploads a file named "file one.jpg"

The "resources" page (Resources.jsp) shows the resulting URL
of the file as: /blog/x/resource/file+one.jpg

The above URL returns a 404.  The alternative URL of:
/blog/x/resource/file%20one.jpg works fine.

I could use mod_rewrite to convert all "+" signs in file names
to encoded spaces (%20), but I wonder if there's a cleaner
fix.

Thanks

    --G

--