Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/08 18:09:30 UTC

Class has not been (JPA) enhanced? (was Re: Daily report of Referrers?)

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 6:08 AM, Angel Vera <gu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Okay, I got pass the first problem, now I have another weird one.
>
> For those interested, the problem was because I forgot to copy the meta-inf folder into the classpath. I am using an eclipse setup and everything needs to be done manually, so I miss copying the meta-inf with its persistance xml. File..
>
> Now the new exception is:
> --------------------------------->
> <0.9.7-incubating fatal user error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: The type "class org.apache.roller.weblogger.pojos.WeblogTemplate" has not been enhanced.

Yes, that is definitely an odd one.

As I remember things, the POJOs in Roller are JPA "enhanced" at build
time, which means that we run a special OpenJPA Ant task against the
POJO classes and it make some bytecode changes to the .class files.

If you are running against the jars in Roller's WEB-INF/lib direcory
then the POJO classes should have the enhanced bits and I'm not sure
what would cause JPA to think otherwise.

What version of Roller are you using? Are you using a custom build?

- Dave