Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Paul Daniell <pd...@ign.com> on 2004/01/26 21:55:00 UTC

possible bug in struts?

I've encountered a strange problem with Struts when used with Torque. I
retrieve an object using the following:

ArrayList list = (ArrayList)ComponentPeer.doSelect(new Criteria());
request.setAttribute("components", list);
Component c = (Component)list.get(0);
request.setAttribute("comptest", c);
System.out.println(c.getName());

In the logs this will appropriately print the name of the object "c".
However, when I invoke the following JSP
<c:out value="${comptest.name}"/>

I get the following Exception:

HTTP ERROR: 500 An error occurred while evaluating custom action attribute
"value" with value "${comptest.name}": An error occurred while getting
property "name" from an instance of class
org.ttemplating.internal.dataobjects.Component
(java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of declaring
class)

Any advice appreciated.
Paul

Re: possible bug in struts?

Re: possible bug in struts?

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
This question is probably better directed at the struts-user list.

However, I don't believe that request attributes can be directly
de-referenced with JSTL expressions; you would need to either use
c:set to create a page-scoped var named "comptest" or reference it
through an expression that caused the JSTL EL to look in the request.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com