Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> on 2010/12/28 20:24:48 UTC

maven assembly plugin 2.2 multimodule projects

I'm having a bit of difficulty with the multimodule project
documentation for the 2.2 plugin.

The basic idea, as expressed here:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/examples/multimodule/module-binary-inclusion-simple.html

seems to be that you have a parent pom and a child pom (distribution)
with distribution as one of the modules of the parent pom.

It seems that everything is working as I would like it to except that
the <finalName> and <appendAssemblyId> tags are being ignored and the
default values of these are being used.

I have tried putting these tags in the parent pom, the child pom, and in
both and in no case is my desired final name used.

The examples are silent on the use of these tags, but I need them to
work.  Can someone tell me how?

I would point out an erratum on the site as well:

Under "The Assembly Descriptor" on this page is a snippet beginning with

<assembly
xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly/1.1.0"

xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly/1.1.0
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/assembly-1.1.0.xsd">

This snippet goes on to use the new <useAllReactorProjects> tag, but
this will not work with the 1.1.0 schema.  Instead, it must be 1.1.2.