Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)" <am...@deloitte.com> on 2006/11/28 18:30:40 UTC

Repackaging a snapshot dependency

Let us assume that there exists a snapshot dependency.  This is a jar
file with the usual packaging of a Maven 2 dependency, and the version
of this is SNAPSHOT.  Is it possible to repackage this dependency and
change the version to something other than SNAPSHOT?  If so, how?  Let
us assume that there is no source code available so that we are not able
to just change the pom.xml and rebuild.  Thanks.

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]

Re: Repackaging a snapshot dependency

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
My only concern with that, Tom, was the /META-INF/maven/ folder and
its contents. If they are never used, you'll be fine, but I could see
them being used at some point.

Wayne

Posted by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.