Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Siddharth Karandikar <si...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/10 10:56:59 UTC

Internode latency requirements

Hello Everyone!

I am going over multiple cassandra documents to understand network
requirements of deploying cassandra cluster. Doacuments mention that
it is recommended to have 1gbps (or more) bandwidth between nodes and
its better to have multiple interfaces. I did not see any specific
latency numbers mentioned there.

Lets say I want to deploy ~200 cassandra nodes and each of them
running at different geographic location. Distance between any 2 nodes
will range from 5ms to 40ms in terms of RTT. I plan to configure nodes
close to each other in one datacenter. And such multiple datacenters
will be connected to each other.

I know this is a very specific requirement. So wanted to know if
cassandra is a right fit there.

Any inputs/suggestions/questions are welcome!

Thanks,
Siddharth

Re: Internode latency requirements

Posted by Siddharth Karandikar <si...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alex for inputs. As you said, choosing right consistency levels
will be critical here.

Posted by Alex Major <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Siddharth Karandikar <si...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for confirmation.