Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Carter, Scott" <Sc...@GTECH.COM> on 2003/12/11 05:35:56 UTC

FTP task problems

I am using the ant FTP task from optional.jar to copy reasonably large files
from our win2000 build box to an AIX server.   At some point during the FTP
task I get the following exception  com.oroinc.io.CopyStreamException
causing the build to fail.   This exception is not always thrown during
copying the same file, seems to be random, but is always thrown during my
FTP task at some point, usually during the last file copied.  Can anyone
please help?
My ant target is below :
   <target name="deploy_INT_FTP_appFiles" description="FTP app files to app
server">
    	<ftp server="${int_app_server1_ip}"
        	userid="${int_app_server1_user}"
        	password="${int_app_server1_password}"
        	remotedir="/home/Builds/${buildLabel}"

        <fileset dir="${jar_build_dir}">
            <include name="admin.*"/>
            <include name="escratch.*"/>
            <include name="escratch-web.*"/>
            <include name="appDB.*"/>
        </fileset>
        </ftp>

    </target>

Thanks - Scott Carter

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.  Also, email is susceptible to data corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and viruses. We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, tampering, amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.

Re: FTP task problems

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Scott
I assume you are usng ORO 2.07? see
http://jakarta.apache.org/oro/index.html
set your FTP Task verbose="yes"
Regards,
Martin

AW: FTP task problems

Posted by Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>.
Hi Scott,

you might want to try ant1.6beta3.
The ftp task in this version requires commons-net instead of NetComponents.
Cheers,
Antoine