Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/20 20:12:42 UTC

Rebuild failing while adding new datacenter

Hello All,

I have single datacenter with 3 C* nodes and we are trying to expand the
cluster to another region/DC. I am seeing the below error while doing
a "nodetool
rebuild -- name_of_existing_data_center" .

[user@machine ~]$ nodetool rebuild DC1
nodetool: Unable to find sufficient sources for streaming range
(-402178150752044282,-396707578307430827] in keyspace system_distributed
See 'nodetool help' or 'nodetool help <command>'.
[user@machine ~]$

user@cqlsh> SELECT * from system_schema.keyspaces where
keyspace_name='system_distributed';

 keyspace_name | durable_writes | replication
---------------+----------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 system_distributed |           True | {'class':
'org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleStrategy', 'replication_factor': '3'}

(1 rows)

To overcome this I have updated system_distributed keyspace to DC1:3 and
DC2:3 with NetworkTopologyStrategy

C* Version - 3.0.8

Is this a bug that is introduced in 3.0.8 version of cassandra? as I
haven't seen this issue with the older versions?

Re: Rebuild failing while adding new datacenter

Posted by Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada <ja...@gmail.com>.
I have opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-12816

Posted by Yabin Meng <ya...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I'm not aware of it