Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/24 15:49:34 UTC

Jackrabbit 2.2.7, 2.1.4 and 2.0.4 release plan

Hi,

I was doing the 2.2.6 release some while ago, but got distracted and
never managed to complete the process. Since then we've got a couple
somewhat high-priority issues (JCR-2960 and JCR-2953) along with a
number of other fixes that would be good to have in a release.

Thus I'm planning to cut new patch releases from all of our 2.x
maintenance branches on Friday this week. Please use Jira to tag any
fixes you'd like to see included in these releases.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Jackrabbit 2.2.7, 2.1.4 and 2.0.4 release plan

Posted by Christian Stocker <ch...@liip.ch>.
Hi

On 30.05.11 14:07, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 8:13 AM, Christian Stocker
> <ch...@liip.ch> wrote:
>> Any chance
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2454
>> could make it into 2.2.6?
>
> We try to avoid introducing new features in patch releases, so I'd
> rather target 2.3.0 for this change.
>
> It's been a while since 2.2 went out, so we should start planning for
> the 2.3 release soon. I guess that should address also your needs.

Fine for me, and I understand the "no new feature" policy.

chregu

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Christian Stocker <ch...@liip.ch>.
Hi

Any chance
could make it into 2.2.6?

We really depend on that one (the whole PHPCR/Jackalope project does
somehow to make it easy for people getting started)

We of course can supply our own patched versions, but that's always a hassle

chregu

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Bart van der Schans
<b....@onehippo.com> wrote:
> I'm a bit late but I don't know if you already started. I reported two
> quite trivial log improvements. Would it still be possible to include
> those?

Yes, I'll add those. I'm still looking for a fix to an
IndexingQueueTest.testInitialIndex() test failure I'm seeing on 2.2.

Posted by Bart van der Schans <b....@onehippo.com>.
Hi Jukka,

I'm a bit late but I don't know if you already started. I reported two
quite trivial log improvements. Would it still be possible to include
those?

We have these patches running for quite a while in our own build and
they have been a lifesaver several times in production environments
when trying to figure out what went wrong.

Regards,
Bart

--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Re: Jackrabbit 2.2.7, 2.1.4 and 2.0.4 release plan

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,