Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Vinko Tosevski <vi...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/08 11:43:19 UTC

Switching off additional language(s) for a segment of the site

Dear Lenya community,

I am new to the Lenya CMS and have not been able to find the answer
elsewhere. My employer is running a big website on Lenya. I am supposed to
contribute to the small segment of it. The entire site is bilingual
(English/German) but the decision was made that the segment I'm supposed to
contribute to will be maintained in default language only (English). Is
there a way to switch off the non-default language for a segment of the
site? If not, is there a trick to automatically display the default
language even when someone clicks on the alternative language selector?

Thanks,
Vinko

Re: Switching off additional language(s) for a segment of the site

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Vinko,

Am 08.01.13 11:43, schrieb Vinko Tosevski:
> I am new to the Lenya CMS and have not been able to find the answer
> elsewhere. My employer is running a big website on Lenya. I am supposed
> to contribute to the small segment of it. The entire site is bilingual
> (English/German) but the decision was made that the segment I'm supposed
> to contribute to will be maintained in default language only (English).

based on a quick Google search I assume you're using Lenya 1.2, is this
correct?

> Is there a way to switch off the non-default language for a segment of
> the site?

What exactly do you mean by "switch off"? Are there any issues with just
not creating the documents in German?

> If not, is there a trick to automatically display the default
> language even when someone clicks on the alternative language selector?

This is possible, but there is no simple switch to achieve it.
You might consider adding a pipeline to your publication sitemap or,
alternatively, a rewrite rule to the HTTP server configuration to
redirect from the German to the English version of each page.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH